At the beginning of the school year, back in, say, September, my friend, Natalie, and I had a joke about our history class. It was AP US History, or APUSH for short. During early morning cross country practice, (while we were changing after practice, to be specific) we would talk about if we did the homework the night before or not. Then Natalie would say, "Riley, you're going to have to push me into APUSH," and I would say, "No, Natalie, you're going to have to push
me into APUSH." It's nerdy, I know. Then, the year went on, I switched schools, blah blah blah, and now we're to APUSH review. This is the time when we AP students go back over
everything we learned this year.
EVERYTHING. We had the first review to do over Spring Break. Not so much fun. And now we have two days to do the second review (it's even longer than the first one). That's going to be even more not-so-much-fun. And it just gets better and better, we review,
review, REVIEW,
REVIEW for all of April, then take the AP test and wait....and wait....and wait....until our scores arrive sometime in July. Not really my favorite thing, you know?
HOWEVER: there is an upside, I suppose. We will be watching movies and documentaries and things all about history for all of May, after the AP test. Oh, how I look forward to the day AFTER the AP test, when it won't weigh on my mind any longer. It's getting heavier and
heavier and HEAVIER!!!
My history class also received instructions on things we are and aren't allowed to do in the month of April, according to Mr. Harris. Here are a few rules:
- No getting sick
- No skipping class
- No dates, except for Prom
- Only 15 minutes per meal
I guess what I'm trying to say here is this: somebody please push me into APUSH, or I won't be going at all until after the first week of May.
No comments:
Post a Comment