Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Air Conditioning and Tires

Oh, and in case that's just not quite enough, let's throw some brakes in there, too.

So my car's air conditioning went out over a year ago.  Now, finally, I'm getting it fixed.  I drove it to the mechanic and told them what was wrong with the car and they said they'd let me know when they had an estimate.  So fast forward to The First Phone Call.  Turns out, the air conditioning is totally dead and normally the issue that it has kills the steering as well as the air conditioning and the heating.  So that takes a bit of cash to fix.  Then I also need 2 new tires.  Okay, take care of that, too, a little more cash.  That's all, so I hang up, satisfied that the total is less than what I Prepared For.  I will receive a phone call when it's all fixed up.

Fast forward a few more hours, and it's The Second Phone Call.  When they were changing the tires they discovered that the brakes also need replacing.  More money, which tips me over what I was Prepared For.  But it will all be worth it in the end...right?  Just a little bit of a big total to swallow.  I need a big glass of milk to wash that down.

*Update: Let's throw in the other broken part of the A/C, too.  Ouch.  But it's okay, or it will be.  I can survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment