I know perfectly well that worrying about things doesn't make them any better. I really do, so why is it that I find it so hard to stop worrying about those things I care most about? Oh, right, because I care about them. It's not hard to stop worrying about when I'll be able to see a new movie or catch the latest episode of Criminal Minds, it's not hard to stop worrying about when I'll be able to finish reading Harry Potter for the 12th time, it's not hard to stop worrying about most things (during school I don't find it very difficult to stop worrying about homework...that's probably something I should worry about a little more). But when it comes to people, especially my friends and family, I find it particularly hard not to worry about them. No matter how many times I tell myself that worrying is going to do no good, so set aside thoughts of concern for just five minutes and be happy, I keep worrying and worrying. Sometimes I worry that I worry too much and that comes across to other people as being too clingy or needy. Somehow that doesn't seem very productive, worrying about worrying...oh dear.

No comments:
Post a Comment